By Ed Mezzetti in The Press.
One of York’s best known shops has closed after 57 years.
Monkbar second-hand store Bulmers and its sister shop Blossom & Walker closed on Saturday, with staff saying the decision was to “prioritise our families”
The shop opened for the first time on April 1, 1959, in Lord Mayor’s Walk, and later spread to the shop on the corner beside Monk Bar.
It was long respected as one of York’s most versatile shops, selling fishing equipment, watches, guitars, golf clubs, musical instruments, records, and an array of second-hand goods.
To read the rest of this story, click on the link below: