By Mike Harley.
How do doctors in Slovenia perceive ME?
- Some are professional but others are very unprofessional. The result seems to remain the same, we mostly are left to look after ourselves.
- It really depends on where you live and what Doctor you have.
How do they treat people in Slovenia?
- The official diagnosis is given, but very few patients receive adequate treatment. Treatment is classic with anti-depressants and various relaxants. But I repeat that few have received therapy because there is a lack of proper diagnosis.
- They treat us poorly… too much chemical medicine, too little physiotherapists, lack of awareness and misunderstanding, maybe there’s something to do about it -hopefully.
- Most patients can’t get diagnosed. Its a slim chance. Its not done on purpose however its just the lack of experience that doctors here have. On the other hand people do expect too much from a diagnosis. Even if they get a diagnosis they don’t get any treatment. If they get treatment well we know how that is. For many not very helpful. Its a never ending circle. Many people are angry and sad and mostly frustrated here due to the fact they can’t even get it recognized.
To read the rest of this story, click on the link below: